Monday, May 20, 2013

The Ceremony.

I attended a blessing ceremony for some girls in our church, and Isabelle.

Beautiful girls. Girls I have known since before they knew how to read.

Girls I would have loved to be mentors to my Eva. Girls I would have loved my Eva to be like.

The blessing ceremony was sweet. The Dads praised and blessed their daughters. It was tender and beautiful. Most girls cried.

I did too, but not for the same reasons. Ah, girls, girls, girls. The bittersweetness of girls.

I've been thinking on it all day. What would Mike have said of you in 15 years my Eva, my darling. What would you have been like? How long would your hair be? Would you be happy to be homeschooled or would you be yearning for public school? Would you have a boyfriend? Would you cry when your dad blessed you? And as I watched those girls on the stage I was left with the wonderment of where you are...What does your Father in heaven have to say about you? What are you learning there?

Little J looked cute in her butterfly dress with chocolate cupcakes all over her face. One day she
might have a blessing ceremony. I wish you could be there too, and you will, in our hearts.

Always in our hearts. Always.

1 comment:

  1. May I ask what Eva passed away from? You don't have to answer and I definitely don't want to overstep, I just didn't know if it was something she was born with or caught?

    I'm a new reader to your blog. Your precious little 'rainbow ' is breathtaking. I love how your incorporated Eva into his middle name too. Please know that I pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete