Wednesday, January 8, 2014

More about Mexico and a Zipadeezip review.

Nathan has never been what you would call a good sleeper. It's never bothered me in the least...as long as he's breathing, I'm good....and yet...there are times i wouldn't mind sleeping all night long...

As a newborn he loved the swaddle, and, if I do say so myself I am an expert swaddler and nary a baby has escaped my swaddle. Enter Nathan and no matter how tightly I had him swaddled he managed to wriggle out an arm....whack himself in the face, whip his soother out of his mouth and wake himself up. 

I discovered a zipadeezip. What is a zipaeezip you ask? Well, it's a handy little suit you pop your baby into and zip him up. He is then restricted enough but still enjoying some freedoms and ability to crawl when he can or wants to etc...

We've found our zippy to be most awesome for travelling as we have buckled Nathan into his car seat wearing it...bundled him onto the plane asleep and warm in his suit...had him nap on the plane in it and transfer to a bus...and so on...

Here's a photo of Nathan wearing one as we travelled to Mexico this last week...

We've been here for a few days now and have used it in the stroller and In the hotel. I love how he settles when he's wearing it...he knows it's time to rest. But he can still move. Here he is zonked out in the stroller...

And of course we also used it in the air conditioned hotel room...


And when he wakes up early in the morning and decides NOW is the time to rip my hair out and gauge out my eyes...well, he also can't dig his razor sharp nails in quite as hard, which is nice. I must say.

All in all the zippy has been a fantastic addition to our collection of baby accessories. However, a word of caution. Definitely buy the small. Trust me we went with medium to save money when he was too small for the medium and he managed to get his arm out the neck hole. Now he's firmly into med size but we still use the small way more then the medium.Also we found that an improvement would have been to have two way zippers so that in hot climates mom could open the bottom zipper and let some air in to circulate. Nathan was too hot in his zippy unless we was naked underneath and in the shade, even then I unzipped him when he was fast asleep in the stroller...In our hotel room and at home he usually wears a onesie underneath...

Disclaimer. Zipadeezip provided me with a free zippy to review. The opinion expressed is my own. You can get your very own zipadeezip at www.sleepingbaby.com and if you use the code zippy, get two dollars off at checkout!

And, because I can, here's the photo of Eva stuck into our hotel mirror I mentioned in my last post...and there is her little brother reflected in the mirror, sleeping soundly in his zippy.


Miss you my little girl.

Even here.


Always.



No comments:

Post a Comment