Thursday, April 11, 2013

The nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

There is a girl who has been staying with us for awhile, from Germany.

Isabelle is 18 and my children love her.

Isabelle has never met Eva.

And yet Isabelle knows that Eva is part of our family even though Eva is not here.

Isabelle has acknowledged the boys' love for Eva.

She has not blinked when Vincent puts a pink plate and cup on the table for Eva, occasionally.

She has seen my tears in church.

She is going to train to be a pediatric nurse when she goes home.

I am so proud of Isabelle.

She is going to be one heck of a good nurse.

Smart, kind, tender-hearted, loving, patient.

And today as we were chatting in the kitchen she said to me the nicest thing anyone could ever say...

"I'm really looking forward to getting to know Eva when I go to heaven"






3 comments:

  1. You are definitely right...one of the kindest girls I've ever met too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. I'm in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who has talked with about what a wonderful day it will be when I get to meet my brood in heaven and it is such a nice conversation to have. I'm so glad somebody has recognized how sweet it will be to see your Eva on the other side, too. Sometimes I like to remind myself that I will get eternity with my little ones there.

    ReplyDelete